Improving productivity, security and control
Intermedia AppID® Enterprise lets you define privilege levels for each user and/or group and the web applications they are authorized to use. You can set policies and determine exactly which pages and elements within a web page a user is allowed to access.
Intermedia AppID Enterprise provides:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) capability, so that users no longer have to remember passwords for social media sites and, more importantly, never need to know corporate passwords.
- Different policies for employees accessing personal social media accounts and marketing teams accessing corporate social media accounts.
- Control over the features to which employees have access, such as content removal, comments, sharing, and photo uploads. You can even make Facebook a read-only site.
IT managers often find themselves pulled between the needs of the business (for security and control) and the demands of users (for personal freedom and marketing). Therefore, many companies simply choose to block social media access. This approach limits corporate liability and keeps employees focused on their work, but social media has become an important marketing tool. Companies can longer afford to block social media access for all users.
With Intermedia AppID Enterprise, you can:
- Increase productivity by making social networking sites read-only
- Keep companies in control of corporate social media passwords with SSO
- Retain the benefits of social media for corporate marketing purposes while maintaining different levels of control for personal users
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
To help organizations manage BYOD and mobile users, Intermedia AppID Enterprise secures a new endpoint—the browser.
For secure access to web applications, iOS and AndroidTM users on mobile and tablet devices only need to authenticate their user credentials one time. Users will then have SSO to applications via a personalized web portal that gives them instant access to their frequently used web applications.
You’ll be able to:
- Make web applications secure on ALL devices
- Save money because no costly mobile device management (MDM) solutions are required
- Keep sensitive data safe by controlling features and functions within the browser